Saturday, July 30, 2011

Review/Swatches: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

 (image from NYX's website)

If you haven't tried the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, you're missing out! And if you've never heard of them, get out from under that rock!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are awesome little cream shadows in chunky pencil form. Currently I own eight shades, seen here:


























These are very pigmented and smooth shadows. They are prone to creasing when they're on their own, so I would recommend them as bases underneath powder shadows. They really grip powder shadows laid over top of them, intensify the colour a lot and make them last quite a bit longer. Milk is a good shade to use underneath almost anything. Cottage Cheese is great for a highlight shade. Iced Mocha looks wonderful under shimmery taupe shadows!

There's a great range of colours, from neutrals to brights to darks. The price is right too, I've gotten all of mine from Cherry Culture where they're only $4.50 but almost always on sale for $2.99 or even less. These are highly recommended! My rating for them would be 4/5 only because they can't really be worn alone, but I don't mind that myself since I always top cream shadows with powder anyways!

7 comments:

  1. great swatches!
    i have a few awards for you(:

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm obsessed with these!! my favorite colors are strawberry milk, iced mocha, cherry and lime :))) actually I love all of them haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ BB - Thank you soo much! :D :D

    @ Maryam - They really are super awesome!! I have a few more on my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, they're great, I really like Pure Gold, Iced Mocha and Electric blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wao...love swatches.... all are awesome colors...

    follow back it means alot to me
    http://saharawans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ sahar awan - Thanks for following!! :) Just so you know I'd be happy to follow you, but I do all my following on Blog Lovin' so you won't see me listed as a follower on Blogger but I will be one on Blog Lovin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so many great things about these.. Yet I always walk past them.. You got me all intrigued now.. Will check them out next time I'm near a NYX stand.. Thanks for the great review hun =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***