Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Review: Smith's Rosebud Salve


























It's been a little over two weeks since I got my mitts on Smith's Rosebud Salve, that cult favourite lip balm you may have heard of!

More than just a lip balm though, this is what Sephora has to say about it:

  • "This cult-favorite, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness. Also an excellent remedy for the treatment of diaper rash. "
Ooooh! Multi-purpose! I can't attest as to it's effectiveness in these areas though, since I have no burns right now (although I could try it on my boyfriend, he's a welder and always gets little burns) and I don't tend to have very dry skin anywhere. But in any case, you came here for the lip review right?

As a lip balm, I would have to give Smith's Rosebud Salve a 4/5. Not the holy grail yet, but not bad at all. It's got a petrolatum base, so it's got quite a bit of slip to it, not at all waxy like Carmex or Burt's Bees. It does last a fairly long time on the lips though despite the slippery texture, which is nice. And, you guessed it, it smells like roses! To be honest at first I thought the scent was a bit much but you get used to it very quickly. But if you have a strong sense of smell and don't like the smell of roses, this might not be for you.

But alas, my lips are still not quite where I want them to be. I don't know if it's me, or the climate, or something else but my lips are always so dry no matter how much I moisturize them, to the point of peeling on a regular basis. It's part of the reason why I don't wear a lot of lip products - lipstick doesn't look too great on flaky lips!

So the search continues! What would you recommend for extremely dry lips?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have extremely dry lips,they're just dry, but I use religiously Palmer's Cocoa Butter Dark Chocolate & Peppermint lip butter and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try Palmer's Cocoa butter lip balm a few years ago, but before my lips started being really dry, I might try that again! Worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you live in Canada, then I am guessing you have easy access to Sephora and Target. You could try the EOS lip balms. I've heard quite a lot of people on Youtube rave about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Esther - there are some Sephora's I can get to but I've never seen the Eos there, but Target is only in the US - for now anyways!! I know we're getting one close to where I live because Target just bought out a bunch of Zellers across Canada and will be opening it's first stores in Canada (WHOOO!) but it won't be for another couple years. I think there are other stores here where you can get them though, but I have heard such black and white reviews on them! Some people LOVE them and other people just say they're garbage! LOL But I'm desperate so anything is worth a try just to see if it works for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***