Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review: Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Naturally Luminous Daily Duo for Combination Skin


























The Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Naturally Luminous Daily Duo for Combination Skin (from now on known as NLDD) is a two pack of a smaller-than-normal but bigger-than-deluxe-sample moisturizer and cleanser. For around $23 you get a 60 ml (2 fl. oz.) cleanser and a 30 ml (1 fl. oz.) moisturizer. The full sized Purifying Facial Cleanser is 177 ml (6 oz) for about $20 and the full sized Purely Nourishing Moisturizer is 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) for about $28. So if you were getting the full sized ones you'd be getting 227 ml/7.7 fl. oz. of product for $48 ($0.21/ml or $6.23 per ounce) compared to 90 ml/3 fl. oz. of product with the Duo for $23 ($0.25/ml or $7.67 per ounce). But as you can obviously see, you get not a whole lot more moisturizer in the "full size" but you get three times as much cleanser!! Wish it was more comparable there!

In any case, let's get to the goods! The Purifying Facial Cleanser is a gel with a slightly milky quality to it, and it smells quite nice, like Earl Grey tea with bergamot and a bit of lavender. It's one of my favourite scented products I've ever owned actually, slightly sweet but soft, not too flowery or anything. It foams up fairly well but it doesn't foam up like POOF and then all slide off your hands, its gel-like texture tends to cling to your hands so there's actual product for you to use to wash your face! It leaves my face feeling lovely and soft, no dryness or anything to speak of!


But for me, the real star of the NLDD is the Purely Nourishing Moisturizer. The scent is identical to the cleanser, and it has a light texture that blends into the skin very easily and absorbs very quickly, leaving my skin feeling soft and hydrated without being slick or greasy in any way. I honestly feel that I can see a difference in my skin from the moment I put it on. There is no tint of any kind in it, but I immediately see the overall tone of my skin look more even when I use it. I have no idea how it works, all I know is that it most definitely does!! I love that I don't have to wait for it to absorb before putting on my makeup, it's instant!


For where I'm at right now, this is probably gotta be my HG moisturizer! I would definitely recommend trying it!

For the Purifying Facial Cleanser I give a 4/5, and for the Purely Nourishing Moisturizer I give a 5/5! Go check them out! Although I can't vouch for them myself, BareMinerals does also make this duo (and individual products) for dry skin. If you've tried those, or the Combination Skin products, let me know how you liked them in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Aah, I'd love to try them both out, but they're not sold in here. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sandra - That's too bad!! Sephora doesn't deliver there I take it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***